Saint Mary’s impact on the community is continually growing. Our Outreach ministries support a number of initiatives:
- Leaphart Elementary, our neighborhood school, has identified many children who go without food on the weekends. So, we are feeding 34 children every week through our Snack Pack Program.
- Resurrections is a Saturday feeding ministry which nourishes the homeless folks in Columbia. Each Saturday tents and tables are set up in downtown Columbia to feed and support the homeless population.
- Kairos Prison Ministry has its home base at St Mary’s twice a year and we provide thousands of cookies and prayers for inmates and volunteers.
- Education Equals Hope is a ministry we support in Les Cayes and Cavaillon, Haiti. Each year we hold a “Celebration of Hope for Haiti” Luncheon event. This event raises funds to support scholarships for student church members in Les Cayes, as well as teachers’ salaries and a feeding program for over 200 students at an Episcopal school in the countryside of Cavaillon. .
- Leeza’s Care Connection is our neighbor and helps families cope with chronic illness such as Alzheimer’s. When a tree fell on their building, we provided operational space for many months, until their building was repaired.
- Family Promise of the Midlands is strengthening the community. This interfaith ministry is designed to help families who have lost their housing. Our job is to house, feed and support families until they are able to obtain transitional housing. This usually takes from 30 to 90 days.
Saint Mary’s provides support to numerous local ministries throughout the Midlands and far beyond. So you see, as God has provided for us, we too are we trying to provide for others in our community. Won’t you join us in making a difference for Christ?”